Whether you’re selling an existing house or a newly constructed one, leaving a great first impression is crucial if you wish to land a fast and lucrative sale. Let’s say the place is in good repair and ready to receive potential buyers: how do you make it stand out from the competition?
By making sure the property is sparkling clean, of course! The house in question is effectively a product you’re selling, so it must be pristine before it can be presented to the public. You should always book a professional cleaning for realtors in Whittier CA to ensure everything is done according to the highest standard.
In this article, we’ll give you a broad home cleaning checklist that will help you prepare your pre-listing house in a way that maximizes the positive impact it will have on prospective buyers. Read on to learn more.
How do I keep a house clean for showing?
In order to ensure your open house goes flawlessly, you must understand how your buyers think. What will they see first when they come to the showing? What things will they be especially interested in? What would be a deal-breaker for most people?
Carefully consider the following:
- Curb appeal. How does the house look from the outside? At a minimum, the driveway must be free of snow, mud, or leaves. Also, take the time to mow the lawn.
- Remove clutter. Tidy the place up. A cluttered home not only looks bad, it actually appears smaller to whoever sees it because it has less usable space than it should.
- The kitchen is a big deal. A dirty kitchen can drive away even the most forgiving buyer, so make sure it’s spotless. The countertops should be de-cluttered and clean, and there shouldn’t be any stickers or drawings on the refrigerator door.
- The bathroom is vital too. An unkempt bathroom immediately makes the entire house seem disgusting and germ-ridden. Bathrooms at house showings should always be at hotel-like levels of cleanliness.
- Inspect the windows. It goes without saying that the drapes should be clean, but what are the blinds like? Lower all of the blinds to ensure they’re working properly and that there isn’t any dirt or dead insects on them.
- Check for smells. Make sure there are no unpleasant odors in the house before a showing. Remove whatever is creating the bad smell and ventilate thoroughly.
Should I clean the property myself prior to a showing?
Trying to cut corners by cleaning the property yourself may seem like a good idea on paper, but in practice, it’s neither practical nor wise. First off, if you’re a full-time realtor, you likely can’t spare the time to properly clean an entire home.
Second, unless you have a background in professional cleaning, you probably lack the training and the supplies needed to achieve top-of-the-line results. The last thing you want is for a would-be buyer to be discouraged because they found a dirty area you didn’t notice or weren’t able to fully clean.
Where can I book the top cleaning for realtors in Whittier CA?
Are you a real estate agent looking to sell a gorgeous apartment located near the Hoover Hotel? Or perhaps you’re a property manager in need of an extensive post-construction cleaning for a newly renovated property in Whittier?
Whatever your cleaning-related need, you’ve come to the right place. Oasis Natural Cleaning connects realtors, contractors, and property managers with peerless cleaning professionals who specialize in property management cleaning.
Feel free to give us a call today if you’d like to learn more about our services, or use our online scheduling system to book a top-notch cleaning. We’ll make sure your house showing goes off without a hitch!