When it comes to selling a house, the most important question is whether the potential buyer LIKES a certain property. And while you can’t make someone like a place, you sure can make them dislike it by not cleaning it before the showing.
Yes, property cleanliness is that important! Purchasing a house is a huge financial investment for the majority of US citizens, so they need to be absolutely certain they want the place before they commit to anything. As a result, everything hinges on leaving a good first impression.
Before you start typing “cleaning agencies for hiring in Whittier, CA” into Google, take a moment to read the rest of this article. We’ll give you some pointers on what you can do to ensure your showing goes flawlessly. This will get you more prospective buyers and potentially increase your asking price. Read on to learn more.
How to prepare a great open house?
If you’re the seller, don’t hesitate to consult your real estate agent first. They have a lot of experience with this sort of thing and will likely be able to provide you with invaluable advice. If you don’t have an agent, don’t worry: the following list will give you everything you need to ensure your open house is a success.
Here are some tried-and-true tips for holding a top-notch open house:
- Boost curb appeal by freshening up the exterior paint and landscaping. Consider replacing the mailbox, garage door, house numbers, and exterior doors. Clean the walkway and the driveway.
- Ensure the place is pristine by hiring a reputable cleaning service that uses dependable cleaning techniques and products. If the house is newly built, make sure it undergoes a thorough post-construction cleaning.
- Remove clutter and personal items. Pack up and take away as many of your belongings as you can, including furniture. Having your family photos, toothbrushes, or similar items present during the showing will make it harder for prospective buyers to visualize their life there.
- Take the pets elsewhere. Many people are allergic to pet hair or simply don’t like the idea of keeping animals indoors. If you can’t take your pets somewhere else during the showing, at least confine them to one of the less trafficked rooms.
- Advertise. Putting up signs, handing out fliers, and posting adverts online is an effective way to draw in people who wouldn’t otherwise be aware of your open house. Consider paying for an ad in the newspapers or on social media sites.
- Air the place. Strange odors are an excellent way to discourage potential buyers. Thoroughly airing the house will ensure the indoor air smells and feels fresh.
- Protect your valuables by either taking them elsewhere or locking them up.
- Make things bright. Raise all the blinds and shades, open up the curtains, and turn on the lights even if it’s sunny outside. Not only will this create a cheerful atmosphere, but it’ll also make it easier for buyers to examine the place.
Where can I find superb cleaning agencies for hiring in Whittier CA?
If you need to ensure your property is squeaky clean for its big showing day, look no further than Oasis Natural Cleaning. The cleaners we work with have been extensively vetted to make sure they can render the very finest cleaning service in all of Whittier.
They will happily give your soon-to-be-sold property a great cleaning while you get ready for the open house or relax with your loved ones at the Parnell Park Storybook Zoo. Simply visit our website and book your cleaning with a few short clicks. You’ll have a pristine home and a big smile on your face before you know it!