You would think that having a baby, changing careers, or getting a divorce would be on the top of the hierarchy of stressful life events. However, recent studies suggest that none of those experiences are as stressful as moving to a new home.
It’s easy to see why. Moving requires you to deal with a million little responsibilities and details, not the least of which is making sure your new place is tidy and germ-free before you arrive by performing an extensive move in cleaning in Whittier, CA.
But why are move in cleanings so important? Should a move in cleaning be done by the pros or can you do it on your own? What exactly is included in a typical move in cleaning service? Read on to find out!
Should you clean a house before moving in?
Absolutely. After all, the last thing you want is to bring your belongings and loved ones into a dirty home, or to be forced to clean the said home yourself at the end of a tiring and stressful moving day.
However, since move in and move out cleanings tend to be more extensive than standard cleanings, most people simply can’t find the time to give them the attention they need. For this reason, move in and move out cleanings are usually done by the pros.
Here are the top 3 benefits of hiring a move in cleaning service:
- It protects your health. Many dangerous pathogens can survive on surfaces for days or even weeks (and yes, that includes the coronavirus as well). A move in cleaning ensures that your new home will be germ-free when you settle in.
- It saves time. By having the experts take care of your move in cleaning for you, you’ll have more time to deal with the other aspects of your move, or simply relax with a leisurely stroll by the Orin Jordan House with your friends and family.
- Your new place stays clean longer. By dealing with all the deeply ingrained dirt and stubborn stains in your new house before you bring your stuff in, you’ll be making sure there’s no need for a deep cleaning for at least 6 months or more.
How do you deep clean a house before moving in?
A move in cleaning is essentially a deep cleaning that’s performed in an unfurnished or mostly-unfurnished property. It provides the cleaners with easy access to all the surfaces that would otherwise be covered or blocked off by furniture, large carpeting, and other bulky items.
A move in cleaning includes:
- Vacuuming all floors and floor coverings
- Wiping cabinets
- Wiping window sills
- Cleaning the exterior of large appliances (fridge, oven)
- Throwing out the trash
- Removing cobwebs
- Scrubbing sinks
- Dusting lamps and lamp shades
- Cleaning mirrors
- Cleaning the tub and the shower
- Sweeping and mopping all floors
- Cleaning toilets
- Cleaning countertops
- Cleaning the interiors of large appliances (fridge, oven)
- Wiping baseboards
- Hard water treatment (bathroom)
- Wiping furniture and vacuuming upholstery
- Cleaning interior and exterior windows
Where can I book a first-rate move in cleaning in Whittier, CA?
Are you looking for a reputable company that can connect you with highly trained and experienced cleaners in Whittier who have been carefully vetted and interviewed to ensure maximum reliability and an amicable character?
If so, don’t hesitate to give Oasis Natural Cleaning a call! In addition to fair prices, easy online booking, and 100% satisfaction guarantees, we also specialize in promoting organic and natural living. If you wish, the cleaners we send you can use non-toxic, eco-friendly products that protect the health of your pets and loved ones. Book your cleaning today!