Starting with November 20, 2020, all Airbnb hosts in Whittier, CA, who want to keep hosting need to adjust their vacation rental cleaning practices to comply with Airbnb’s new cleaning and sanitization requirements designed to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19.
In an effort to make keeping your Airbnb pristine and germ-free in a way that complies with the enhanced cleaning protocol as straightforward as possible, we have prepared an in-depth cleaning checklist for Airbnb hosts to follow. Keep reading to learn more.
Which areas should I focus on when cleaning my Airbnb?
Whether you’re cleaning your rental property on your own, or you’ve hired a professional cleaner, having a cleaning checklist can help ensure you don’t miss any areas. Just don’t forget to let your cleaner know about the checklist beforehand!
Here’s a room-by-room Airbnb cleaning checklist:
- Mop and vacuum the floors
- Vacuum floor coverings such as rugs and carpets
- Wipe down furniture and vacuum upholstery
- Remove any hair
- Wipe down surfaces to remove dust and stains
- Throw out the garbage and replace trash can linings
- Remove dust under furniture
- Remove cobwebs
- Disinfect all touchpoints (light switches, faucets, doorknobs, toilet seats, handles, etc.)
- Wash windows
- Clean and polish all mirrors
- Launder bed sheets, towels, and other cloth items
- Replace supplies that are running out (toilet paper, napkins, soap, etc.)
- Wipe down baseboards and window sills
- Dust and straighten book shelves
- Recenter any carpeting, knicknacks, or furniture the previous guests have moved
- Remove any items that have been left by the previous guests
- Replace any spent lightbulbs
- Fluff up pillows
- Put up clean tablecloths and other coverings
- Make sure batteries in the TV and AC remotes are functioning
- Put up clean bedsheets and make the beds
- Wipe down the nightstand and the closet
- Disinfect the toilet and clean it inside and out
- Scrub and disinfect all showers and bathtubs
- Scrub and disinfect the sink
- Clean the vanities and vanity tops
- Hang clean towels
- Wash the shower curtain (if necessary)
- Clean the fridge and oven inside and out
- Scrub the sink
- Wipe down the exteriors of cabinets
- Wipe down all countertops
- Clean countertop appliances
Can I green-clean my Airbnb?
Absolutely! In fact, reputable maid services often strive to use non-toxic cleaning supplies during their vacation rental cleanings. This way, you can be absolutely certain your Airbnb cleaning is safe for the environment.
Furthermore, professional cleaners also use top-quality vacuum cleaners equipped with HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters that keep dust and germs from being reintroduced into your property during the cleaning. They also prevent cross-contamination between different Airbnbs by using color-coded microfiber rags.
Just as you should let your guests know you’re following Airbnb’s new cleaning protocol, you should also tell them about your green cleaning practices. This way, environmentally conscious guests will be more likely to choose your property over your competition.
Where can I schedule a comprehensive Whittier, CA, vacation rental cleaning?
Cleanliness has always been a top priority for Airbnb guests, and this definitely hasn’t changed during the COVID-19 crisis. In fact, this increased emphasis on cleaning and disinfection can be a serious problem for hosts who aren’t able to spend lots of time cleaning after each checkout.
The good news is, Oasis Natural Cleaning is always here for you. We specialize in sending the very finest cleaners in Whittier straight to your doorstep. These cleaning pros will make short work of any dirt or clutter while you enjoy a relaxing afternoon or treat yourself and your loved ones to a little something at The Quad at Whittier. Contact us today!