“Time is money” and “work smarter, not harder” are two adages that most people associate, first and foremost, with their jobs. But the reality is that they can be applied to almost anything we do. In fact, you can use these old pieces of wisdom to make your housekeeping infinitely more effective.
If you think that’s a stretch, consider this: the average homeowner spends nearly six hours per week on house cleaning in West Covina. That’s the equivalent of an entire part-time job that you’re not getting paid for. Needless to say, learning how to clean more in a shorter amount of time is hugely beneficial.
How long should it take to clean a house?
It’s impossible to give a universal answer to this question because no two households are quite the same. That being said, by asking yourself a few crucial questions, you’ll be able to make a rough estimate as to how long your cleaning is going to take.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- How big is my house? Larger houses invariably take longer to clean than smaller ones.
- How dirty is my place? The cleaning is going to take more effort if it’s been a long time since your last cleaning. It’s important not to rush things, especially if your home has mold or dust mites.
- Am I doing it on my own? Unless you live alone, you probably have someone in your household who can help you with cleaning. If you have children, this is an excellent opportunity to teach them to do house chores.
- Do I have pets? Cats and dogs shed all the time. Picking up all those hairs is inevitably going to prolong your cleaning.
How can I speed clean my house?
As with all things that require time and effort, having a plan and sticking to it is key. Always keep in mind that cleaning is a marathon rather than a sprint. By developing good cleaning habits and minimizing downtime, you’ll be able to effortlessly keep your home spotless at all time.
Great ways to speed up your cleaning include:
- Gather the cleaning supplies before you start cleaning and put them in an easy-to-carry basket. This will keep you from having to make repeat visits to the laundry room.
- Do the dirtiest areas first because that’s when you have the most energy and are able to clean the quickest. De-cluttering a messy room or cleaning dirty windows goes much faster when you’re still fresh.
- Clean top to bottom. By cleaning the highest areas first (light fixtures, tall shelves, tops of cabinets, etc.), you’ll cause all the excess dust and dirt to drift down to the floor. This will make your vacuuming at the end of the cleaning considerably more effective.
- Hire a maid service. Sometimes you simply don’t have the time to give your place the cleaning it deserves. So why not let the pros do what they do best while you attend to your other responsibilities or just relax at Galster Wilderness Park?
Where can I book first-rate house cleaning in West Covina?
Here at Oasis Natural Cleaning, we specialize in sending the very finest cleaning experts in California straight to your doorstep. What’s more, every cleaning can be rendered using only green cleaning supplies.
Book a cleaning today using our super-fast online scheduling system, and enjoy our 100% satisfaction guarantee. We’d love to put a smile on your face.