Few things in life are as essential as having a clean and healthy home. In addition to keeping you, your pets, and your loved ones safe from toxins and pathogens, proper house cleaning in Santa Fe Springs also improves your sleep, helps with your social life, and makes you feel better about yourself overall.
In this article, we’ll give you some tried-and-true tips on how to ensure your home is free of dirt and clutter at all times. Keep reading to learn more.
How often should you clean your house?
As a general rule, a house should be given a standard cleaning once a week or every other week. On the other hand, deep cleanings usually don’t have to be performed more often than two or three times a year.
A standard cleaning typically includes:
- Vacuuming the floors and floor coverings (rugs, carpets)
- Mopping the floors
- Wiping down surfaces such as shelves, tables, countertops, desks, etc.
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces such as handles, doorknobs, touchscreens, toilet seats, etc.
- Tidying up (decluttering)
- Changing the tablecloths and the bedsheets
- Washing the dishes or placing them in the dishwasher
- Cleaning the shower and/or the bathtub
- Cleaning and disinfecting the toilet bowl
- Cleaning the sinks
- Disposing of garbage
- Picking up pet hair
- Washing the windows (if needed)
A typical deep cleaning includes:
- Everything a standard cleaning does
- Cleaning difficult-to-reach surfaces such as behind and underneath large furniture, light fixtures, high shelves and cabinets, etc.
- Removing the grille on HVAC vents and cleaning inside them
- Cleaning the HVAC filters (if reusable) or replacing them
- Washing the carpets and rugs or taking them to a specialized cleaning service
- Washing the curtains
- Deep-cleaning furniture upholstery
- Taking care of extra-stubborn stains
- Degreasing and cleaning the interior of the oven and the microwave
- Cleaning the interior of the fridge
- Emptying out the kitchen drawers and cupboards and cleaning inside them
What cleaning should be done daily?
While some types of housekeeping are done as a part of standard cleanings, that doesn’t mean you should wait for your big cleaning day to deal with them. Performing certain kinds of cleaning on a daily basis will not only make your home healthier overall, but it’ll also make your weekly cleanings a lot less stressful and time-consuming.
Don’t let these types of cleaning wait:
- Dirty dishes. Letting unwashed dishes, drinking glasses, and other eating utensils pile up in the kitchen sink is both gross and unhealthy. It’s always best to wash these (or put them in the dishwasher) right after you’re done using them.
- Laundry. If you have enough dirty laundry to fill the washing machine, it’s better to do so right away instead of waiting for the cleaning day.
- Clutter. Remove any clutter as soon as you see it. Designate storage areas for certain item types and teach everyone in the household to always store these items in those areas.
Where can I schedule the premier house cleaning in Santa Fe Springs?
Finding the time and energy to clean your home isn’t always easy. You may be spending most of your day at work and commuting, or you may have young children who demand most of your attention. Finally, if you haven’t cleaned your home in a while, getting motivated to deal with the mess can be hard.
We can help! Here at Oasis Natural Cleaning, we team up with the finest cleaning professionals in Santa Fe Springs who have the expertise, experience, and the rock-solid work ethic necessary to render first-rate residential and commercial cleanings.
With them in your corner, you’ll be getting more than just a pristine home: you’ll also be getting the leisure time you need to get some rest or take a family trip to the Hathaway Ranch Museum. Book your cleaning today!