No matter how diligent you are when it comes to tidying up your home, there comes a time when everyday dusting and vacuuming just doesn’t cut it anymore. When this happens, it’s time to give your home a top-notch deep cleaning.
Deep house cleaning in West Covina CA is an extra-thorough type of cleaning that aims to remove the deeply ingrained dirt and deal with areas you can’t get at during a standard cleaning. Needless to say, every homeowner should know how to give their place a good deep cleaning.
In the following article, we’ll explain some deep cleaning concepts and give you a tried-and-true deep cleaning checklist. Read on!
What does a deep cleaning include?
Do you know all those hard-to-reach areas and extra-stubborn stains that you just don’t bother with during your regular cleanings? They’re what you’re going to focus on during a deep cleaning. Forget about cleaning your home quickly and prepare to give the deep cleaning your undivided attention.
During a typical deep cleaning, you should:
- Move furniture and clean behind and underneath it.
- Clean the undersides of furniture.
- Bring out a ladder and clean the tallest shelves, light fixtures, and other out-of-reach areas.
- Disinfect every sink and toilet bowl.
- Wash the carpets and upholstery.
- Clean behind the kitchen appliances.
- Empty your fridge, oven, dishwasher, microwave, and other kitchen appliances and clean and disinfect both their interiors and exteriors.
- Carefully mop, scrub, and vacuum all floors and staircases.
- Thoroughly clean and polish every window.
- Remove and wash ventilation grilles.
- Clean and vacuum inside the ventilation ducts.
- Do everything else you’d do during a standard cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, decluttering, etc.).
How often should you deep clean your house?
Deep cleanings are often referred to as spring cleanings. That’s because you only need to do them two or three times a year. That being said, there are certain factors that call for more frequent deep cleanings.
These factors include:
- Health conditions, such as asthma and severe allergies, can make a person extra-sensitive to dust and other particles that tend to accumulate behind appliances or under furniture. If this is the case with you or another member of your household, you’ll have to deep clean more often.
- Where your home is located can have a considerable impact on how quickly it gets dirty. Some areas simply get a higher dust and dirt build-up, so you’ll need to clean more often.
- Resident habits vary greatly, but it’s safe to say that, if you or the people you live with aren’t very tidy, two to three deep cleanings a year won’t be enough.
How long does it take to deep clean a house?
It depends. The reality is that no two households are quite the same, so it’s impossible to give a one-size-fits-all answer to how long it would take to deep clean a home. It’s always best to devote a whole day to deep cleaning, rather than make a half-baked effort that leaves a lot of dirt untouched.
To determine how long your deep cleaning will take, ask yourself the following questions:
- How big is your place?
- When was your home last cleaned? Is it very dirty?
- Do you have furry pets that leave hair everywhere?
- Are you doing it alone or can you have your kids help out with cleaning?
- Are you suffering from a health problem that makes it difficult for you to clean?
Where can I book first-rate deep house cleaning in West Covina CA?
If you can’t find time or energy to clean or you’d just rather spend that time doing some shopping at the Eastland Center, your best option is to outsource your cleaning to the pros. Here at Oasis Natural Cleaning, we team up with the very finest cleaners in West Covina who can attend to all your cleaning needs.
Get in touch with us today. We guarantee your satisfaction!