To say that this has been a turbulent year so far would be a comical understatement. Just about the only good thing about the current situation is that we can all finally agree on something: we all hate the COVID-19 pandemic and want it to go away as soon as possible.
Luckily for us, there are things we can do to protect ourselves and limit the spread of this dangerous virus. Making sure your home is properly cleaned and disinfected is the biggest one, and should be prioritized regardless of whether you do it yourself or hire a professional home disinfecting service in Whittier and the area.
In order to help you out, we’ve written a two-part coronavirus cleaning guide on how to clean and disinfect each room in your house in a way that makes short work of any germs. Keep reading to learn more.
How should I clean and disinfect my house during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Before we get into the details of what to look out for when cleaning specific rooms, we’ll first touch on the general cleaning guidelines that you should follow while cleaning your apartment against coronavirus.
These guidelines are:
- Always wear protective equipment (disposable gloves and face masks)
- Avoid touching your face during the cleaning (especially your eyes)
- Wash your hands as soon as you’re done cleaning
- Clean a surface first using a household detergent, and then disinfect
- Use EPA-approved disinfectants, or make a water-bleach mixture
- Pay special attention to frequently-touched items and areas
- Don’t touch dirty laundry with your bare hands
If you haven’t already performed a spring cleaning in your home, do so right now. By omitting to clean the dirt and dust that has accumulated in hard-to-reach areas, you’re potentially creating a fertile environment for all kinds of microbes and parasites.
What should I keep in mind when disinfecting my home against coronavirus?
Different rooms serve different purposes, and as such contain items and surfaces that viruses and bacteria may be more likely to stay on for longer periods of time. Knowing what to focus on during your cleaning is vital if you want to keep yourself and your family safe.
Look out for the following:
- Kitchen. Your fridge, microwave, vegetable drawers, and food platforms should be given extra attention during cleaning. Regularly disinfect silverware and metal items such as cutlery and plates. Also, remember to wash reusable grocery bags and let them fully dry out before using them again.
- Bathroom. The virus sticks to soft, wet surfaces longer than to dry ones, so make sure you wash your towels at the warmest setting whenever possible. While cleaning and disinfecting, pay special attention to taps, handles, mats, knobs, toilet seats, and the floor.
- Bedroom. Frequently change the linens and bedsheets. If possible, throw the curtains in the washer and wash them on the warmest setting allowed by the manufacturer. Make sure to clean and disinfect the TV remote and any phone chargers.
Who provides the top home disinfecting service in Whittier and nearby communities?
All of the above advice may sound simple on paper, but it can get extremely tiring and time-consuming in the long run. To make things worse, the pandemic has disrupted our lives to the point where you can’t even take a relaxing walk through the Turnbull Canyon after a long day cleaning.
Oasis Natural Cleaning is here for you! We work with premier cleaning experts in Los Angeles County who possess the expertise and cutting-edge equipment necessary to ensure your place receives the most thorough cleaning you can imagine. Get in touch with us today!